Before converting 80c to f, it is important to understand what both of these terms mean.
Celsius scale, also known as the centigrade scale, deals with the liquid’s freezing spot at 0°C and the boiling spot at 100°C. This scale has its lower fixed point at 0°C and the upper one at 100°C.
The area between the two temperatures are correctly divided into equal parts of 100. Thus each part will equal one degree Celsius (1°C).
Fahrenheit is a temperature scale that uses 212 as the boiling point and 32 as the point at which water starts freezing.
Today this measure is mostly used in the United States as well as some Caribbean countries. The other parts of the world make use of the Celsius scale.
Some differences between Fahrenheit and Celcius
- Celsius scale, or in other words, Celsius, is abbreviated to Degree C (°C). Fahrenheit, on the other hand, abbreviated as Degree F (°F).
- The first temperature scale that was ever used in the whole world is the Fahrenheit scale. It was common, especially in the nations that speak English.
- The Celsius scale began to be in use in countries globally except the US in the 1960s.
- How much is 80°C when converted to Fahrenheit
- The formula used to find 80c to f the answer is:
- (°Fahrenheit = 9/5 * °Celsius + 32)
Therefore by making use of the formula, 80°c when converted to Fahrenheit is 176 ° Fahrenheit
To conclude, conversions are done because different countries use different standard measures for calculating. Some use Celcius, whereas some use Fahrenheit. It is not practical if one has to sit and calculate all such measures as it is not practical. Hence people make use of the Internet to calculate and find out the value.